India celebrates the Kashmir Tulip Festival each year during spring. The main venue for this festival is the Kashmir Tulip Garden. The festival is held in the Kashmir Tulip Garden which is named after former Indian Prime Minister, Indira Gandhi. Enjoy stunning views of Kashmir’s Dal Lake from this terrace garden which was constructed with the sole aim of promoting tourism in Kashmir.
The famous tulip garden in Srinagar is gearing up to surprise its visitors during the upcoming tulip show in 2021. As per the plan, 1.5 million Tulip bulbs of 62 varieties will be planted during the said show in the tulip garden. The same was recently announced by the Floriculture department.
Reportedly, 5.3 lakh Tulip bulbs will be imported out of the total number. Further, the garden will also be planted with 20000 Daffodils and 60000 Hyacinths. The information has been revealed by Floriculture Director Farooq Ahmad Rather during a meeting that was chaired by Commissioner/Secretary Floriculture, Gardens & Parks, (FG&P) Department, Sheikh Fayaz Ahmad.
Earlier this year, Asia’s largest tulip garden in Srinagar, Indira Gandhi Memorial Tulip Garden, was in full bloom with more than 1.3 million Tulip bulbs. However, in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic and subsequent nation-wide lockdown, the garden saw no visitors appreciate its beauty.
Yet, this has not dampened the spirit of the organizers. They are once again geared up for the 2021 flower show. A meeting was recently held in this regard, aimed at taking a preview of maintenance, commercial floriculture, development of existing gardens and parks, heritage Mughal gardens, and development of theme gardens in various districts of Kashmir division. All aspects, with respect to the development of the region, have been taken up in the same meeting.
Further, as per the reports, six Mughal gardens have been included in UNESCO’s tentative list of heritage sites; thus, priority work is being formulated in consultation with the Archives and Archaeology department.
Major Highlights of the Kashmir Tulip Festival In addition to the wide variety of Tulips, the festival has a lot more to offer. Each year, it is frequented by nature lovers, horticulture, and floriculture enthusiasts from India and beyond. Let’s see the different varieties of flowers one can find at the event. Book the Kashmir Tulip Festival special Kashmir tour package with JKL Travels indulge in the vibrant hues of flowers.
- Parrot Tulip– They are ruffled petals in different hues that depict the plumages of the tropical parrot.
- Double Blooms– Instead of one petal of a standard tulip, the double bloom has got many layers in it.
- Bi-Color Standard Tulip– They display different tulips in terms of colours when it is compared with the standard tulip.
- Fringed Tulip– The shape and edge are fringed and frilly.
- Fosteriana Tulip– They differ in measurements and got pretty buds.
- Rembrandts– pale coloured tulips that are tall.
- Lily-Flowering Tulip– Flowers having pointed petals that is very long with an arch at its tips.
- Standard Tulip– They are the normal tulips available from the local gardeners and florists.
- Triumph– These are a wide range of dual-coloured, splendid tones and shades are the different features of these tulips.
- Single Late Tulip – These are cup-shaped tulips with a wide range of colours
Dates For Tulip Festival
Kashmir Tulip Festival is conducted in the Spring season in Tulip Garden Kashmir. It usually falls in the months of March / April, where the garden is brimmed with the Tulips in every corner. The Tulip festival is held for about 15 days, the flower continues to bestow their magical spirit significantly. However, the dates of commencement of the Tulip Festival, the weather highly affects the people. So, one must be prepared to know the commencing dates of the fiesta and be ready to participate in the festival this April 2019 this year.
Places to visit near the Kashmir Tulip Garden
The location of the Kashmir Tulip Garden makes it one of the most visiting places in Srinagar. The park is encompassed by its scenic hill, the most attractive garden of the Mughal era, and more importantly, it overlooks the most dazzling Dal Lake. There are some other attractions that are listed below which lies in their propinquity.
- Pari Mahal–The most amazing Chashm-E-Shahi Garden, the historic monument was a Buddhist Monastery once upon a time.
- Dal Lake– Dal Lake is considered a paradise on Earth. The beauty of the breathtaking lake is beyond its description. One must try a Shikara Ride in this place.
- Shankaracharya’s Temple– Soaking in the beauty of snow Pir Panjal Range from their old aged temple, it is situated at a height of 1100 feet.
- Chashme Shahi Gardens – The garden is the center of attraction for housing the spring that flows from it.
- Mughal Garden – The conflux of Shalimar Bagh, Nishat Bagh, and Chashm-E-Shahi park entices the audience with its breath-taking fountains.
- Nagin Lake– The cerulean waters of the lake will sure be enthralling.
- Shalimar Bagh– There is another embellished garden that the Mughal emperor Jahangir built, which praises the formidable craftsmanship of the Mughals pertaining to horticulture Nishat Garden– This is Spotted 3.2 km away from the Tulip Garden, Nishat Bagh is also the home to huge avenues of rare flowers, fountains, Chinar trees, and Cypress.
- Local Market– The visit to the local market is to buy different specialties one gets in Srinagar like Cashmere Shawls, mats, wooden clothes, rugs, dry fruits, and leather products, etc, It is most famous for dry fruits.
- Hazratbal– The sacred shrine for Muslims, it is also visited by many others on a religious day to worship the antiquity, the inheritor of Prophet Muhammad. A flamboyant fair is held later.
- Kashmir Tulip Festival – Experience a Rainbow of Colours
This garden boasts of sixty (60) tulips is conspicuous, with a carpet of hundreds of colors, providing a beautiful view to thousands of tourists from both national and international. One could see 2million bulbs (tulips) blooming their beauty to the wanderers.
For Booking & More Information, can visit www.KashmirTravels.in
Or Call at +91 88033 24 365