Kashmir limps to normalcy post civilian killings, Mobile internet remains suspended

A semblance of normalcy returned to Kashmir Valley after two days of shutdown, which was called by separatist leadership in wake of killing of civilians who were shot dead by forces during by-election.
The public transport were seen at large at roads as people came out to attend their offices and open their shops as no shutdown was call given by Hurriyat leadership.
Meanwhile, the broadband services have been restored but mobile internet continues to remain suspended, as thirty-eight polling stations are going to re-poll in Budgam on April 13.
The police and the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) have been deployed in Srinagar city to maintain law and order situation in the Valley.
Eight people were shot dead by forces and over 130 injured during clashes in different areas in Kashmir on Sunday when the by-polls were being conducted for the Srinagar parliamentary seat. The poll turnout was only 6.5 percent.

Meanwhile, Mobile internet remained suspended for the fourth day today in the Kashmir valley, where Broadband service of Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) has resumed after remaining banned from April 8 and 9 midnight.
The Election Commission of India (ECI) has deferred polling in Anantnag parliamentary by poll which was scheduled to be held today following violence in Srinagar Parliamentary constituency on April 9, during which eight people died and more than 200 others, including 150 paramilitary forces, were injured.
The mobile and broadband internet service had been suspended during the intervening night of April 8 and 9 in the valley, where separatists had called for a general strike in protest against polling in Srinagar and Anantnag constituencies.
The authorities asked all cellular companies to suspend their internet service in the valley to prevent spread of any rumour on Social Media during polling.
However, suspension of the facility has led to more rumors, leading to more protests and clashes.

Related posts