Pro-freedom rallies across Bandipora; Prayers disallowed in Jamia Masjid for consecutive 8th Friday

  • Pro-freedom rallies across Bandipora in north Kashmir
  • Clashes erupt in Hajin after protesters attack army school
  • Clashes erupt in Ajar area of Bandipora
  • Thousands March towards eidgah to offer Funeral Prayers of palpora School Boy
  • On Consecutive 8th Friday, Prayers disallowed in Jamia Masjid
  • Kashmir traders to boycott all party delegation

A pro-freedom rally was carried out from Jamia Masjid after congregational Friday prayers in north Kashmir’s Bandipora district.
Hundreds of protesters assembled at Gulshan chowk, raising pro-freedom and anti-India slogans.
Meanwhile, people from Nusoo, Hajam Mohalla and Nibripora also took out a protest rally and marched towards Gulshan chowk.
Peaceful protest rallies were also carried out in Ajar, Ayathmulla, Kaloosa, Ashtengoo, Aloosa, Kehnusa, Papchan, Aloosa, Hajin and Naidkhai areas. The rallies were peaceful when the last reports came in.

Clashes erupted in Hajin in north Kashmir’s Bandipora district after protesters attacked the Army Goodwill School located in the area.
Reports said that forces fired teargas shells and pellets to disperse the protesters, triggering massive clashes.  Reports of clashes were also reported from Nowpora and Gulshan chowk areas of the district.

Clashes erupted in Ajar area of north Kashmir’s Bandipora district after congregational Friday prayers.
Reports said that youths took out a protest rally and marched ahead but forces intercepted them near Ajar chowk, triggering clashes.
While the protesters hurled rocks, the forces responded by bursting teargas shells.

Thousands of people are carrying body of Palpora boy to Eidgah Srinagar for final rites. Amid strong pro-freedom protests, the march started from Palpora Football ground on Friday afternoon. However, reports said that police and CRPF fired several tear gas canisters at Noorbagh Srinagar to disperse the march. Reports reaching here said that thousands of people were marching towards Eidgah Srinagar from Palpora football ground carrying body of Danish Sultan.
Danish jumped into Jhelum to save himself from being caught by forces who were chasing protesters in Palpora-Parimpora area on Thursday evening. He was one among four boys who jumped into river. The three managed to reach the Northern bank while Danish drowned. His body was recovered around 12 PM today after intense search by hundreds of local since last night. Local reports said that elderly citizens from the area talked to forces after which the funeral march again started walking towards Eidgah. A thirteen year old school boy, Danish was class seven student studying at Oxford Public School.

There is no end to siege of historic Jamia Masjid Srinagar as authorities disallowed mandatory congregational Friday prayers there once again today. Reports coming here said that strict curfew is in place in Nowhatta and other adjoining areas. The curfew was re-imposed in Kashmir after a break of four days.
Today is the eight consecutive Friday that prayers were not allowed by the government to be offered inside the Jamia Masjid. This is exactly what was done in 2010 mass uprising when then government disallowed Friday prayers in view of “law and order issues”. Meanwhile, reports coming from Lal Bazaar and adjoining Dargah Hazratbal areas said that strict curfew is in place and para-military personnel have been stationed at entrance of every lane.
“It was after tough struggle that I bought vegetables early today when I left home at AM,” a resident of Lal Bazaar said, “forces deployment was made very early today and at every crossing they stopped people.” The local said that personnel of SSB have been stationed at Sadrabal Hazratbal while roads leading to Dargah have been sealed from all sides. However, Friday prayers were allowed in Dargah Hazratbal. In last eight weeks, authorities disallowed Friday prayers in Dargah once when unified resistance leadership had called for ‘Dargah Chalo’.
Reports coming from Shopian district said that Friday congregational prayers were disallowed in at least four major Masjids.

The heads of Kashmir Chamber of Commerce and Industry, the Kashmir Economic Alliance, Kashmir Traders and Manufacturers Federation, the Federation Chamber of Industries Kashmir and All Kashmir Fruit growers association have unanimously resolved not to meet the All Party Delegation scheduled to visit the Valley this weekend pleading that such half-hearted measures won’t solve any purpose.
At an emergency meeting it was unanimously resolved that meeting the visiting delegations would be nothing beyond a “foolish exercise aimed at photo session, which will only end up adding salts to the wounds of Kashmir’s worst-ever humanitarian crises.”
“Let the mockery of symbolic Kashmir visits over our tragedy end, and seriousness begin for an effort for sustainable solution to Kashmir dispute. Even Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi and his opposition leader of Rajya Sabha recently sought a permanent solution, which can’t come through cosmetic patchwork where all party comes in with rigidity. Tangible measures need to be taken by even taking Pakistan on board as per the agenda of alliance”, a statement said on Friday.

Related posts