Curfew, Clashes enters 35th Day across Kashmir Valley; Mobile network snapped

Curfew & Clashes enters 35th Day across Kashmir ValleyCurfew and protest shutdown continued to paralyse life in Kashmir for the 35th consecutive day on Friday. Kashmir is observing protests ever since Commander Burhan Wani was killed in south Kashmir on July 8.

58 civilians have been killed in armed forces actions in the past more than one month. 6000 people have been injured during the period.

Last Friday (August 5) was one of the most violent days in the ongoing unrest witnessing three civilian deaths and hundreds of injuries in clashes across Kashmir.

Police on Thursday issued a Friday advisory asking parents to stop wards from pelting stones and clerics asked not to make provocative speeches in Friday congregation prayers.

Meanwhile, SMHS hospital has also braced-up for Friday fury. The hospital staff has been kept in emergency mode expecting huge rush of injured protesters after prayers.

Cellphone services were snapped in Kashmir on Thursday night once again in past one month.
Earlier, the service was suspended after massive protests erupted against the killing of popular militant commander Burhan Wani on July 08.

The cell phone services were abruptly snapped at around 11:30 pm last night, adding to the inconvenience of consumers in Kashmir where curfew remained in place for the 35th consecutive day today.
Only BSNL postpaid phones and landlines are working. The move comes even as the government has been claiming an improvement in the situation since the killing of Wani.

However, an official said that the service has been suspended in view of protests that take place after Friday prayers.
Last evening, an elderly woman died of “shock” in Bemina locality of Srinagar after paramilitary CRPF men allegedly aimed their guns at her, a charge denied by police.
With this killing, the death toll in the ongoing unrest in Kashmir has mounted to 57, with 55 of them being civilians who were killed in police, para-military CRPF and Army firing since July 9.
As many as 6000 civilians have been injured in action by government forces on pro-freedom protesters during the period with hundreds of them losing eyesight and others maimed for life due to firearm injuries.

Related posts